Animal Care Center of Panama City Beach is looking for an Associate Veterinarian to join our practice! Must have interest in Emergency Medicine!
Animal Care Center is located in the panhandle of Florida on the emerald waters and white sand of the Gulf of Mexico, known as “the World’s Most Beautiful Beaches.” We focus on providing the latest in small animal preventative and diagnostic medicine and general surgery. http://animalcarecenterpcb.vetstreet.com/
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
Animal Care Center was established in 1984 and moved to its state-of-the-art facility in 2005.
Modern building with 3 standard exam rooms and a consultation room, treatment area with 3 treatment tables, double surgery suite, isolation ward and intensive care unit.
In-house IDEXX laboratory equipment including Catalyst chemistry analyzer, ProCyte CBC, SnapShot Dx, CoagDX and SNAP Pro. Other various laboratory testing including urinalysis, cytology, PCV/TP and ELISA tests run by knowledgeable technicians or assistants.
Daily sample submissions to IDEXX’s reference laboratory; Practice Management software integration requests and results.
Digital radiographs using IDEXX’s I-Vision DR system.
Isoflurane & Sevoflurane anesthesia, electro-cautery surgical unit, ultrasonic dental equipment and excellent surgical monitoring capabilities.
First veterinary hospital in FL to offer MEDI-VET’s in-clinic adipose derived Stem Cell Therapy.
Available diagnostic and treatment equipment include a mobile ultrasound unit, TonoPen, ECG Teletransmitter (IDEXX) and Companion Therapy laser.
Moderately sized boarding facility with indoor/outdoor runs, Pet Suites and “Kitty Condos”
Current version of IDEXX Cornerstone Practice management software.
Excellent support staff with extensive training and longevity.
Panama City Beach may be a small community but there’s no shortage of things to do and see. The area offers world-class freshwater and saltwater fishing, water sports and Shell Island just a short boat ride away. Frank Brown Park is a 200 acre outdoor recreation facility featuring softball, soccer, and football fields, as well as tennis and basketball courts, and a gym, playground, picnic pavilion, dog park, aquatic center, trails, and festival site for concerts and events. In addition, Pier Park lifestyle center offers a diverse mix of retail and restaurants, as well as other events. Panama City Beach is home to many attractions, 5 championship golf courses and much more! Come live, work and play in Panama City Beach, Florida!
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are looking for a career adventure and an opportunity for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you!
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.