The St. James is seeking a Director of Swimming at its Springfield, VA location.
The St. James is the premier sports, wellness and active entertainment destination in the country, with 450,000 sq. ft. of developmental and competitive programs, teams and opportunities in more than 30 sports, and a wide range of premium fitness, wellness and entertainment experiences. The director of swimming will be responsible for the overall management and leadership of all the aquatics programs, including the direction, instructional content, and supervision of all coaches, assistant personnel, and pool vendors. The director of swimming will work directly for the Director of Athletics at The St. James to develop and operate the leading aquatics program in the Greater Washington Region.
Develop the instructional curriculum for all aquatics athletes of all ages and skill levels and evaluate and document the development of athletes in the aquatics programs
Develop and run competitive leagues for youth and adult aquatic athletes and enthusiasts
Develop and lead competitive swimming travel teams for boys and girls
Assist the Athletics Director in the development of program schedules and maximize the utilization of program facilities
Coach and instruct athletes, both individually and in groups, regarding appropriate swimming strategies, tactics and skills
Organize and supervise the swimming and water polo athletes and coaches in connection with meets, combines, tournaments and showcases
Lead business planning for the aquatic program, including budgeting, driving revenue and managing expenses
Help maintain the pool and supplies in the Aquatics House
Develop and sustain positive relationships with athletes, families and guests of The St. James
Serve as a brand ambassador for The St. James in the community and maximize the exposure and growth of the aquatics programs at The St. James
Follow all safety policies of The St. James and contribute to a work environment that is clean, safe and filled with positive energy for all athletes, coaches and families
Three or more years of successful coaching, administrative, management, or similar experience in aquatic programs with demonstrated leadership ability
Ability to plan, organize, lead, and troubleshoot daily operations, services, and safety of all aquatic programs
Working knowledge of swimming pool filters, mechanical systems and the use of chemicals for swimming pools
Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced work environment
The St. James is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome qualified applicants from a variety of backgrounds inclusive of their race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, expression or orientation, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran.
About The St. James
Welcome to The St. James. Welcome to your best.
At The St. James, we are building the premier sports, wellness and active entertainment brand in the United States.
Opening Fall 2018, our 450,000 sq. ft. flagship destination will have best-in-class facilities, programming, instruction, training, entertainment, wellness and lifestyle opportunities all under one roof.
• 24/7 Health Club with group fitness, high-performance personal training and an array of cardio and strength training equipment
• Private coaching, personal training, developmental programs, camps, clinics and academies in 30+ sports
• State-of-the-art sports venues, including a field house with FIFA-sized turf field, aquatics center with Olympic Pool, two NHL-sized ice rinks, basketball and volleyball courts, golf and squash center, baseball and softball center and a gymnastics training center
• Active Entertainment Center with climbing, jumping, VR games and eSports experiences, birthday party and private event spaces
• Indoor interactive water park for fun for all ages
• Spa & Rejuvenation Center offering a wide range of massage, skin and grooming treatments
• Restaurant with a menu for e...very group and occasion, from breakfast on-the-go to dining experiences for families and large groups
• Retail boutique featuring lifestyle apparel, performance gear and more
• Comprehensive healthcare center offering non-emergency health, wellness and sports medicine services
Become a part of the next big thing in sports, wellness and active entertainment.
We provide opportunities to advance your career and a wide range of leadership development programs and experiences to help you be the best leader you can be.
We’re always looking to grow our team at The St. James. If you think you can rise to the challenge, we want to meet you.